We provide many services and believe
“Learning is an ongoing process throughout life.”
24- Hour Supervision
Currently, we provide Homemaker/Personal Care Services, Adult Day Services, Vocational Rehab, Non- Medical Transportation, and employment services.
We provide the HPC (Homemaker/Personal Care) services in 17 different locations in Stark County. Between 1 and 4 individuals reside at each location.
Our agency provides the supports necessary to lead fulfilling community integrated lives by providing thoroughly trained, caring, and professional staff. The staff is there to assist with the many aspects of community living. These can include upkeep and cleaning of the home, menu planning, meal preparation, budgeting assistance, shopping assistance. delegated medication passing, coordination of medical care, activity planning, transportation to community activities,
Our Adult Day Service and Vocational Rehab programs are run out of the North Canton Church of Christ.
Choices and Options
- Assistance with communication of wants and needs
- Assistance to participate in shopping for gifts, groceries, and other personal items
- Assistance with bill paying and maintaining all applicable benefits
- Assistance to plan and prepare delicious and nutritious meals
- Maintaining a safe and clean living environment
- Community membership
- Assistance to engage in community activities
- Transportation to and from community activities
- Attendance at special team meetings to report documentation/data
- Assistance with contacting health care providers for appointments and emergencies
- NDSI contracts with a pharmaceutical company that provides medications to each home’s residents on a monthly basis
- All staff members complete a course in medication administration presented by a registered nurse prior to performing any health-related activities or delegated medication passing
- Assistance to complete hygiene and personal care tasks when needed
- Fire drills are conducted each month in the individual’s home
- NDSI homes are located in safe, well-maintained residential neighborhoods
- NDSI administrative staff survey the homes on a daily basis
“Challenging the individual to obtain maximum independence with proper guidance”
Northeast Developmental Services, Inc. supports the opportunity for each individual to be able to become more independent by offering programs such as day habilitation. The program is designed to focus on self-help, independent living skills, socialization, and adaptive skills, which take place in a non-residential setting.
In addition, day habilitation services focus on pre-vocational skills, along with reinforcing skills or lessons taught in school or other settings, If the individual chooses to participate in Northeast Developmental Services, Inc. day habilitation program, services will be available four or five hours per day on a scheduled basis. It is our philosophy that each individual does not fit into the same mold, therefore we welcome the opportunity to individualize the day program to suit the individual’s wants and needs.
NDSI @ The Woods Edge
Coming soon to Market Avenue North! Our brand new Adult Day Services building and recreation center is scheduled to be completed Fall of 2018! We will have an expanded Adult Day Service program and employment services among many other new program features! Our new building will feature a gym, concession stand, computer lab, sensory room and more.
Please drive by to see the progress, we sure are excited!